Add notifications, search alerts and a beautiful activity stream to your site.
EngageUsers adds the following functionality to JReviews:
- Site activity stream
- User activity stream tailored to the member preferences and related activities
- Category and listing follows
- Search alerts for new listings
- Follow notifications via email, web push (OneSignal) and the site's notifications feed
- Slack integration for admin notifications
The Add-on works with activities in the JReviews core (listings, reviews, review comments, media upload). Activities from other Add-ons like MyLists and ListingResources are not supported at this time.
Web Push Notifications
If you want to use Web Push notifications, you will need:
- A free OneSignal account https://onesignal.com/
- An SSL certificate so your site is accessed via HTTPS
Sending daily/weekly digests and search alerts requires setting up the cron on your server to run these tasks periodically. Read more about setting up the cron.
For best performance, it is recommended to use the Queue Add-on so tasks are queued and handled in a separate process that doesn't interfere with the user experience.
Continue to Basic Setup →